Baskets and Other Items Lost from Truck, 5 August, 2007
Following the Albuquerque show this evening (08/05/07) a box fell out of the truck of one of our employee’s while traveling North on I-25 near Bernalillo. He was quickly alerted that the box had fallen out and, by the time he was able to back up to the place where the box was lost, all that was left was one piece of bubble wrap. It is clear that someone retrieved and left with the box and its contents in the few short minutes it took to return to the point of loss. Though we are hoping that the person who picked up the box will contact us (each piece had a tag with our name on it), because of the short time that elapsed for the box to disappear and that our employee was clearly backing up in the median, we suspect that the retrieval of the box may not have been done with good intentions.
Items Missing After a Box Fell Off a Truck Near Albuquerque, NM, August 5, 2007.
- Reference: 9001, Basket, Apache, willow and devils claw, ca. 1905, 4 x 16 inches
- Reference: 7795, Moccasins, Sioux, native tanned hide sinew sewn and beaded, ca. 1870, 10 inches
- Reference: 12682, Olla, Papago, yucca, devils claw and bear grass, last quarter of the 19th century, 20 x 14 ½ inches
- Reference: 1060, Tableta, Jemez, painted muslin stretched over a wood frame, c.1900, 21 x 17 inches
- Reference: 12200,Bowl/Tray, Pima, willow and devils claw, first quarter of the 20th century, 3 x 13 inches
Anyone with information about any of these the missing items should contact David Cook Galleries, phone 303-623-8181, cell 720-838-0262, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.